Monday, March 24, 2008

Goin' Behind Enemy Lines


Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother ----er in the valley.


So folks, as you could guess from the title, Scotty Hockey will be heading to the Nassau Coliseum tonight.

I've asked for and received a spot in the much publicized Islanders Blog Box for this evening's game against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

My mission? Twofold: see just what this mysterious blog box is and do some forward scouting as the Rangers will face off against the Isles twice and the Pens one more time as we 'race' for the playoffs.

My tools? My laptop, my camera and my tape recorder.

My spirits? High, I like hockey.

And though I am sure I will hear a few 'Rangers Suck' chants, I can assure you dear readers that I will maintain my professional exterior and not go ballistic, for those yelling can't help it, they are merely the misguided or insane. I ask that you suspend your disbelief and shock as I may even find some complimentary things to say about our most vile enemies. That is not me being brainwashed, nay, it is an attempt at objective, even-handed journalism.

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

islesblogger said...

Good luck Scotty, we don't bite or fight (well most of us). I will be sure to stop by and say Hi as I sit in my seats in Section 309.

Enjoy the Blog Box, she aint much but it's a good time!

Loser Domi said...

I can assure you dear readers that I will maintain my professional exterior and not go ballistic, for those yelling can't help it, they are merely the misguided or insane.

...as opposed to the ones yelling "Beat your wife, Potvin, Beat your wife"?

Actually, that one's awesome, Have a good time!

7th Woman said...

Hey Scotty! Hope you had a good time. As you can see, we do! It is a great experience, and one that should be the gold standard for most teams. I look foward to reading your take on our 'home.'