Thursday, March 5, 2009

Gotta Love The Rangers

The day after the trade deadline, before the 'new-look' team has even stepped on the ice, I got this in my e-mail:


And the best part of it is that they are raping us fans yet again. My season tickets, located in section 329, cost $52 each for a regular season game. For the first round that price is going up to $85!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a 63% increase by my math. Are you kidding me???? Second round is $92, third is $125 and should the Rangers make the Cup (ha ha ha) my $52 seat goes up to $184 per game. I could only imagine what they are charging for the folks closer to the ice. Oh, and they are charging $25 to mail the tickets to your home. Perhaps the tickets come with the lube, making the package heavier - increasing shipping costs. For those curious, here was my rant about playoff ticket costs last season. Comparing the two, the Garden sees that they need to make the money earlier, thus the higher first round ticket prices.

The utter and complete disregard for the lifeblood of the franchise is disgusting. But then again, we should have expected it from Dolan. And Gary Bettman allows this to go on. For shame. And, of course, I am going to buy the tickets (minus the shipping, I'll pick them up, k? thx). So who is the stupid one here?

Dammit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They get into your blood Scotty and it is very difficult to expunge them. Now you know how an addict functions. Maybe we can apply for a 'stimulus package'. Hang in there buddy!

Graying Mantis said...

I got my e-mail and was afraid to look at the invoice.

Now I'm afraid to look at my bank balance.

I'm not that excited to shell out the $$. Last year, the first round was $75 per seat.

Good thing I used up all my tears mourning the Prucha trade.

Anonymous said...

I'm in Section 316 and I almost had a heart attack when I saw the prices. I too thought last years prices were outrageous and this year is even worse. Unbelieveable!

Ivan said...

They fully expect the team to lose in the first round. How else do you explain the skyrocketing price from reg season to round 1 and then leveling off for round 2?