Wednesday, October 24, 2007

2-5-1: Rangers Lose 1-Zip To Penguins


Well, the Rangers fell flat.

Again.

I really don't have much new to say as the pattern continues. Hank plays great. Kids play great. Stars play like crap. Rangers try to play possession game and lose possession. When Rangers shoot, they make opposing goaltender look like Ken Dryden. Rangers hugely-expensive power play has no electricity. Rangers lose.

Again.

Now maybe all it takes is one good shift, a lucky bounce at the right time that will reinvigorate the team. Who knows? These last two dead-puck losses were both on the road, maybe being at the mercy of us lunatics at the Garden on Thursday will put the Rangers on their toes. I don't think so, but we will see. After all, we will only be playing a trapping team with limited offensive capabilities and a solid goaltender.

Again.

Last time Boston won 1-0. Wanna bet that Thursday will be a similar barnburner? I didn't think so. I don't think I will be able to take it.

Again.

5 comments:

The Dark Ranger said...

I never imagined that tomorrow night's matchup against the Devils would be the two losing teams in the Atlantic Division!!?

It is getting more difficult to watch, and perhaps all my negative Philly talk from last season is karmic retribution this season.

Sorry Scotty and all Ranger fans!!! lol.

tdr

Anonymous said...

Scott,

Thanks for really pumping me up for my first visit to MSG this season to see the NYR tomorrow night, I can't wait!!

Scotty Hockey said...

What can I say, I'm an optimist ...

Anonymous said...

damn.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=obp8G2JFgkM

Anonymous said...

Melrose?

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/article/9745/