Saturday, December 1, 2007

Best Wishes Wes


The Minnesota Wild's Wes Walz announced his retirement today, marking the end to a solid professional career that started back in 1990. If you have a few minutes, click ont he first link and watch the presser. Its six minutes of Walz saying goodbye and its pretty impressive.

One of the more classy, underrated players of the last decade, Walz found his niche in Minnesota and became a fan favourite. And its of little wonder why:
"I wish that fans could experience just once what I felt as a professional hockey player when they would announce my name over the PA system. It's something I'm going to miss. I'm really going to miss that and I'll never forget those feelings." -- Wes Walz

Now he will never make the Hall of Fame or anything like that, but Walz should be remembered for making the most of a good situation, his hard work and his passion for the game. Good luck to him in his future endeavors.

No comments: