Saturday, June 7, 2008

The End Of Times?


As I search for something else to occupy my time now that the Cup has been raised, the New York Times was there to give me a momentary distraction. The Times asked what we learned this season and what do we have to look forward to next year in their latest edition of Hockey Night in Blogdom. Click here to check it out and scroll down for my answers. I don't know what the future holds for the HNiB posts now that the season is over (I hope they continue!) but if its the last one, I think I went out on a high note.

While I was over there admiring my handiwork, I also read a great article by Lynn Zinser on the Rangers draft philosophy as compared to that of the Stanley Cup Champion Red Wings. Check it out, I have to say that she seems to have hit the nail on the head. I will, of course, address the draft a few more times in coming days but for now feel free to check out two really good mock drafts - Going Five Hole's and My NHL Draft. At the moment I have to say I disagree with the former and agree with the latter as I think a defenseman will be picked either in the first or second round by the Blueshirts, but I still have quite a bit of research to do.

In another programming note, I did my Scotty Hockey Three Stars already but keep an eye out for my first and second team All Stars - the best of the best across the NHL who embody the qualities I hold so dear: the unheralded, real reasons that teams win like the defensive defenseman, the grinder, tough guy, etc.

Just because it is supposed to go over the 90 degree mark here in New York doesn't mean that the ice has melted!

1 comment:

Graying Mantis said...

I have come to like the Times hockey blog as the season progressed. The pictures the Times blog had from the end of Game 6 were terrific.