Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cycling With The Sedins

James over at Cycle Like The Sedins asked me to take part in their ongoing series called Hockey Orphan which is basically making the case why you should root for a particular team. My task was to advocate for the Blueshirts, which I found almost impossible at first - given my well-known loathing for certain individuals *cough, cough Redden, Gomez, Naslund, Zherdev, Sather cough*. But I looked deeper and realized that no matter how much I dislike some of the folks that wear the jersey, I do love the jersey itself and what it stands for. Click on the big picture below to see what I scribbled:

3 comments:

Sammael said...

God, reading this made me realize how disfunctional this team is now... We should have made it in 07 :( I think that was their best shot in a decade as far as talent and balance. But our current Captain was the one who helped put us down... He better make up for it now!

Ugh. Can we start calling the MSG "The Halls of Squandered Potential"?

Pete said...

Nice writing, Scotty! Makes me wish I was a Rangers fan...o wait...I AM!

jamestobrien said...

Great stuff, Scotty (also dig the headline). I'm glad it didn't get lost in the mountain of playoff stuff that's happening over there. At least I hope it didn't ...