Monday, July 30, 2007

On That Panthers Kick ...

Florida unveiled those jerseys at a special game that honoured their 1995-96 Stanley Cup Finalist squad (more on that here), which reminded me of Game 4 of that series. Florida was outclassed from the second they dropped the puck in Game 1, after all they had that defensive system that got them that far and Colorado had a system and a ton of talent - not to mention guys like Joe Sakic. But Game 4 was one of the best games of hockey I have ever seen. It was a goaltending duel between John Vanbiesbrouck and Patrick Roy that went to triple OT before Uwe Krupp scored on a shot from the point. It was the lone goal of the game but there was no lack of excitement. I found a quick clip I had saved on my comp and figured I would share (as there is nothing going on in the hockey world this hot, humid summer day):



Playoff games like that remind us that 1-0 scorelines aren't necessarily the horrible things that Bettman and the current NHL administration make them out to be ...

No comments: