Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's Official ...

The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed defenseman Marek Malik to a one-year contract today, executive vice president and general manager Brian Lawton announced.

"We are thrilled to have signed Marek to a contract,” Lawton said. “He is a big body, at 6-foot-5 220 pounds, that will add to our overall defensive play and give us veteran leadership on the blue line."

Hahahahaha. My feelings towards Mr. Malik are well known and I just have to wonder what Lawton is thinking or how he has fooled himself into believing that Malik may suddenly use that "big body" since he never has in his career to date. I thought things were taking a turn for the better in Tampa and this move just makes me scratch my head. If they were still winless and listless, then ok, they should try anything to get the ship righted, but they just won a game and maybe saved their coach's career. I don't get it ...

But either way, best of luck to the Bolts - y'all will need it. Do you think Malik will send his former coach Tom Renney a letter? Ha!