Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Tonight's Top 10 List
The category tonight, the top 10 reasons why Chris Drury is playing better for Team USA than he has for the New York Rangers. Chris Drury, the captain of the Rangers, has been booed and jeered mightily back in New York and had his appointment to the national team was questioned by most everyone. Now, in Vancouver, Drury has been lauded for his work by all of America. He has scored two big goals and has been seen hustling all over the ice.
So what has been the change? What has turned him from pariah to all American hero? Well we have 10 reasons why. So the top 10 reasons why Chris Drury is playing better for Team USA than he has for the New York Rangers.
Here weeeeeeeeeee go:
10. He left his wallet in New York. He left his wallet in New York - because he makes so much money there. It weighs him down.
Oh....K, number nine:
9. He is not about to disappoint President Lincoln.
8. He is lighter on his skates without the C on his sweater weighing him down.
7. Even Canada's fans are more welcoming than the ones in the Garden.
6. He doesn't have to worry about Sean Avery critiquing his suits.
5. He has Mr. Tube Steak to look forward to after games.
What? It's a Vancouver hot dog stand! You people ...
4. Brian Burke has helped him find his inner truculence.
3. The opposition in Vancouver is only watching out for Americans named Ryan.
2. It is easier to breathe without Glen Sather's cigar smoke filling the air.
And the number one reason why Chris Drury is playing better for Team USA is:
1. Those little red mittens are keeping his hands warm in between shifts. Little red mittens!