Saturday, December 29, 2007

19-15-4: Rangers Burn Leafs


I will admit, right off the bat that I was unable to pay as much attention to the game as normal so if there is some minutia that I missed, I apologize. I'm all sorts of busy at work (damn Patriots) and also trying to book my trip to Buffalo for the Winter Classic. Blah blah, excuses, I know. So for what I did catch:

*Can't write anything without mentioning Sean. Avery wasn't baited into any bs, played edgy but clean hockey and made a pretty pass on Prucha's power play goal. Too bad he didn't get a another round with Tucker.

*So where did this power play come from, and how do we keep it now that it's here? I mean, Toronto's kill was absolutely, positively horrible, but the Rangers actually shot the puck and made some smart passes on its way to going an insane 5-10.

*Cele-brate good times, c'mon! Yeah Bettsy! The lunchpail and hard hat fourth line finally gets a real goal on his wrap around. Man the Leafs stink ...

*Speaking of which, watching the Leafs scramble in their defensive zone was frankly embarassing. To not be PC, its like watching a Chinese fire drill.

*Prucha was out there a lot, and out in big situations. And he made the most of it, scoring two nice goals. Now is that hard work paying off or is it showing off for the scouts?

*Belak vs Orr ... really, who cares? Belak is a shaved albino ape who lost to the smaller, more aggressive Orr. Good for Orr, but it isn't like Belak is a capable enforcer.

*Gotta say that Vally's poise is admirable. Yet again, he started in his hometown, with his parents watching, in an almost-must-win game and really was solid. The goal that broke his shutout really wasn't his fault. The defense was out of position ...

*I mentioned work; I am watching the Caps Sens game and Comcast has a silly feature on called Caps Cribs - you know, like Mtv's Cribs. I think that would be interesting to see MSG do a Cribs/lifestyles thing on the Rangers. Granted Sean's would be very annoyingly metrosexual, but the models lounging around would make it worthwhile ...

*Kinda fitting that the two worse players on the Rangers roster took their two minor penalties in the game. Malik and Mara both were very unremarkable and neither should have a Ranger jersey by the end of the season.

*I know some of you guys are gonna harp on it, but I will say that Jagr played pretty well. But with the Rangers on the power play so much, Toronto having such a terrible aniemic attack, and Hal Gill of all morons to cover him, he really didn't have to do much to get his points so I am not all that impressed.

*PHW Three Stars
3-Prucha - two goals
2-Martin Straka - goal and an assist
1-Jagr - goal and three assists

Scotty Hockey Three Stars
3-Vally - anytime a backup comes in and makes some big saves to get a win it is appreciated.
2-Avery - played well and didn't let himself become a sideshow/distraction.
1-Prucha - he hit, got hit, got his hand slashed pretty damn badly and scored two goals. PRUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

2 comments:

The Dark Ranger said...

You Chinese racist, Scotty! I love it. Actually, the Fire Drill link was hilarious -- must forward that link to my brother-in-law-the-Leafs-fan. Classic. When you're not getting paid for it, you can say whatever you want.

I agree, Toronto was just terrible on the killing unit -- not once did I see them forcing our power play into passing or shooting -- they just sat there and allowed it, so it's no wonder we scored five pp goals.

Needless to say, it was fun to watch and have the family wearing Rangers jersies. Might I add, and my wife from TORONTO, of all places.

Loser Domi said...

"Granted Sean's would be very annoyingly metrosexual, but the models lounging around would make it worthwhile ..." And a lamp made out of a machine gun or something like that. Lovely cashmere throws for all!