Saturday, September 6, 2008

Killin' Time: Friday Night Edition

Some Friday night randomness:

*As I mentioned in the last blog, I will be heading to Switzerland for the two Ranger games so if there is anyone in Bern, or has been there, please feel free to share your knowledge. According to the Times, SC Bern won their regular season opener in front of a packed house. Judging by the highlights, they play a end-to-end game, have choreographed fans and play the Rocky theme when they score.

*Speaking of the Rangers, they have a whole section of their website dedicated to training camp coverage. As they don't let fans into the training center, I am sorry to have to steer you elsewhere for coverage - Dubi at Blueshirt Bulletin is already on the beat. I have to ask, why did they offer Petr Nedved a tryout at camp and not Brendan Shanahan?

*And how great is this? If only Rozy really spoke out, and did so in that manner ... maybe we wouldn't hate him ...

*The Pensblog rules sometimes:

*Glad to see that no matter the continent, Chris Simon is still a brainless goon.

*Yahoo's Fantasy Hockey is finally up and running. A word to the wise, do your own pre-ranking because the default is ridiculous. ESPN finally made their game free but considering all of the problems I have had in the past over there - especially when I actually paid for teams - I would recommend sticking with Yahoo.

*Speaking of Yahoo, on Puck Daddy Sean Leahy pointed out that Montreal may have an outdoor game next year. That's awesome, and something I would definitely want to go to, but when will they say enough is enough with the outdoor games? Do we want it every year, would it be too much of a good thing?

*Just seven more teams to go in the Four-casts. I should be able to get that done in two weeks, right?!? I'd better get crackin' ...

No comments: