Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Yeah Jed!


Although he is no longer a Ranger, Jed Ortmeyer still is one of my favourite players and the Tennessean had a nice article today introducing him to Preds fans. While the initial focus of the piece details Jed's return from the blood clots, there is some neat info, including Nashville's interest in acquiring him the second free agency started this summer.

"On the first day of free agency, I got calls from all the coaches and management," Ortmeyer said. "They were excited about selling me on the program here and coming here and being part of the family. Their excitement really made me feel like I was wanted and made it an easy decision."

Check out the rest of it here. Good luck to a good player; his heart, drive and dedication will be missed in New York.

No comments: