Sunday, September 30, 2007

European Vacation


So how does a vacation to the Czech Republic sound to you?

Sounds pretty neat to me. The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review is reporting that the Penguins and the Tampa Bay Lightning have been approached to start next season in Prague.

Months ago I said that the NHL should take the All Star game there and the league is now willing to put regular season games over there and I think that is fantastic - it's a more realistic hockey venue than London was and those games sold out.

The only issue I have is the choice of teams in this case are quite questionable as the premier Czechs in the league aren't on those teams. Granted the Bolts have Vinny Prospal, Jan Hlavac, Filip Kuba and the Pens have Petr Sykora, they don't hold the appeal of, say, Jaromir Jagr, Dom Hasek or Patrik Elias ... maybe its the thought of sending top ambassador Sidney Crosby or maybe they think the Pens or the Bolts will win the Cup but I still think that the Rangers would be a better team for publicity's sake ... and I wouldn't mind taking a vacation to go see them.

But I do think I would need some Czech lessons first:

How about you? Wanna go?

No comments: