Friday, September 7, 2007

Oh Captain, Their Captain


The Philadelphia Flyers captaincy is up for grabs heading into camp. Apparently concrete skates Derian Hatcher isn't being considered for the job and Sami Kapanen is. However, the three former captains that Paul Holmgren brought in are the leadign candidates: Danny Briere, Kimmo Timonen and Jason Smith. Here is the Edmonton Journal article on it.

By the picture I posted above, and the fact that I grabbed an Edmonton Journal piece, you can probably guess that both they and I are advocating for Smith. The guy is a hockey warrior who plays the game how it should: with class, grit and dedication.

While, as a Ranger fan, I hope the Flyers lose every game this year, I really don't think they will and by making Smith captain would honour a good guy in the league ...

No comments: