Wednesday, September 12, 2007

So Close, Yet So Far ...


So the New York Rangers training camp has opened with interviews, meetings and physicals. Tomorrow the boys will step on the ice for the first time and the final chapter of the summer will commence. I couldn't be happier, but there is a cloud in the blue skies ... the Rangers camp is taking place at the Training Center in Tarrytown.

While the place is gorgeous - my ticket rep set up a Adam Graves-guided tour for me last season - it also is not fan friendly at all. The public is not allowed in to watch practices and there, frankly, isn't any place to put them if there was. It is marvelous for the players but for the fans, not at all and the Rangers only practice there. In other cities, people can go watch practice often and usually for free ... heck, you used to be able to watch the Rangers back when they were in Rye.

So what all my whining comes down to is the fact that I won't be there to see camp; just members of the accredited media (not freelance fan bloggers) are. So while I will still diligently place updates and opinions where I can, the two best places to look for up-to-date reports and info are in the Sites I Surf to the right - Sam Weinman's Rangers Report and the Blueshirt Bulletin.

Oh, and just a side note, there have been several new jerseys released/leaked in the last few days ... look here for pics.

No comments: